If you are looking for a tooth restoration, two wonderful options are dental crowns and dental veneers. Dental crowns work by placing a cap directly over a tooth for added comfort and damage prevention. Dental veneers are fused directly to the fronts of teeth to conceal damage and promote a more beautiful smile. The question is, should you choose dental crowns or dental veneers. Here are some of the benefits of each:
Advantages of dental crowns:
– Dental crowns can support teeth that have been very badly damaged and otherwise may need to be extracted.
– Dental crowns can protect teeth that have been split, cracked, fractured, excessively worn down, or stained and discolored.
– Dental crowns can conceal and protect other tooth restorations including dental implants, fillings, and root canals.
Advantages of dental veneers:
– Dental veneers can be used to improve the shape, size, color, and look of a tooth.
– Dental veneers can conceal the fronts of teeth that have been badly stained or discolored.
– When placing dental veneers, less tooth enamel needs to be removed in comparison to dental crowns.
– Dental veneers are very thin and easily customizable to give you a movie-star quality smile.
– Dental veneers can also be helpful with alignment issues including gaps or spaces between teeth.
No matter which service you choose, the real importance is the oral health benefits each can provide. If you would like Dr. Miles Mason and our team at Montgomery County Periodontal Associates to bring you in for an oral exam to determine which treatment is best for you, please contact our dentist office in Conroe, Texas, by calling us at (936) 756-1669. We can get you on the path to smiles for miles!