You may have gum disease and not know. This is often due to the fact that its symptoms tend to be minor and are usually only truly visible and noticeable after the disease has been wreaking havoc on your mouth for a while. It is possible that a person could go years without perceiving the signs of gum disease. Once gum disease is spotted, it is essential to start treating it.
Your oral health services guide for gum disease features the following attributes:
– Look for gums that bleed easily or feel extra sensitive to the touch.
– Look for halitosis signs that won’t go away.
– Search for swollen, bruised, excessively red or bleeding gums.
– Be on the lookout for signs of poor oral hygiene and improper or neglected oral health care routines.
– Do not increase your risk for dry mouth symptoms caused by some foods and medications.
– Search for indications that your gums are pulling back and away from teeth.
– Avoid smoking and using drugs, both of which put you at an elevated risk for gum disease.
– Move and wiggle your teeth to check and see if they are wobbly or loose.
Miles Mason and our team at Montgomery County Periodontal Associates will make sure that your gums are properly treated. To schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Conroe, Texas, please contact us at (936) 756-1669. We can help enhance your oral health care today!