If you fail to properly clean and care for your teeth and gums, gum disease can begin to form. At an early stage, it is known as gingivitis, which is an infection of your gum tissue.
Gingivitis is a direct product of poor oral health care, which much be treated as soon as possible. The benefits of gingivitis treatments include the following:
– Gingivitis risks can be increased by poor oral hygiene, especially if you fail to brush your teeth twice per day and floss once per day.
– If left untreated, advanced gingivitis can result in severe gum disease and eventual tooth loss.
– Pregnancy, genetics, diabetes, and medications you may be taking can all increase your chances of developing gingivitis.
– If your gums are displaying signs of excessive tenderness in your gums, redness, or swelling, you may have gingivitis.
– Gingivitis is ordinarily first spotted in your gums that bleed regularly or easily.
– Bad breath, also called halitosis, is a known sign of gingivitis.
– Unhealthy habits including smoking or chewing tobacco can lead to gingivitis.
No matter the needs you require from your smile, our team at Montgomery County Periodontal Associates can help. Dr. Miles Mason and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine which gingivitis treatment procedure is best for you and your oral health care needs. To schedule a visit to our dentist office in Conroe, Texas, call us at (936) 756-1669. We look forward to improving your smile!